Much like our whipped butters, our African black soap bars are incredibly versatile. Not only do they relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin and reduce blemishes, they can be used to ease scalp conditions and soften hair!
Natural hair guru Whitney White, aka Naptural85, swears by African black shampoo to soften and moisturize her beautiful hair and keep her scalp healthy. She shared her DIY black soap shampoo recipe in the video below. I’ve included cliff notes and screenshots beneath the video. Check it out!
African black soap has amazing medicinal qualities to help scalp issues and help hair regenerate.
Recipe smells really good and is designed to stimulate hair growth, heal scalp, kill bacteria and fungus and cleanse the hair.
You don’t have to follow the recipe to the tee. Can use what you have as long as you have the base (black soap and water) it will work.
Naptural85 uses the shampoo weekly.
It is super moisturizing and does not dry out the scalp.
The most moisturizing shampoo she has ever used.
Ingredients: bar of authentic African black soap, jojoba oil, pure natural vegetable glycerin, argan oil, vitamin E oil, neem oil, lavender essential oil, tea tree essential oil, peppermint essential oil, rosemary essential oil.
1. Cut off 1/3 of a 3 oz bar of black soap. Shave it down with a knife and place it into a mason jar. The soap is soft and breaks apart nicely. The smaller the shavings the quicker it will dissolve. Black soap is a natural source of iron and vitamins A and E.
2. Add warm water to help the soap dissolve, then let it cool down to room temperature. If you want a thick consistency add less water, if you want a thin consistency add more.
3. If you want, you can use the black soap and water mixture like this! But it can be a bit drying so if you want it to moisturize better add the following oils:
1.5 tablespoons of jojoba oil
1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin
1/2 teaspoon of argan oil
1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
1 teaspoon of neem oil
10 drops of rosemary essential oil
10 drops of peppermint oil
10 drops of tea tree essential oil
10 drops of lavender essential oil
4. Stir the mixture occasionally over the next 2 hours until it completely dissolves. Use a funnel to transfer the mixture to an applicator bottle.
5. Apply to your scalp like normal shampoo and massage it into your hair. Rinse it out completely then follow up with a conditioner. The shampoo will leave your hair soft and your scalp healthy!
Store the shampoo in the fridge and give it a shake when you’re ready to use. 5.5 ounces of the mixture lasted Naptural85 3 weeks!
For the first time in BGLH Marketplace’s history we are offering a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE promotion! It will run until August 31 at midnight OR until our stock levels are too depleted. So please hurry if you plan to take advantage. No coupon is needed! Just place your order, and for every item you purchase, the full cost of an item of equal or lesser value will be automatically deducted from your cart!