One of the most common questions we get is ‘Which butter do I buy?!’ We have 28 varieties so it can be easy to get overwhelmed. Here’s a handy guide:
1. If you’re looking for a butter to moisturize your skin.
Literally ALL of our butters are excellent for this. All of them .
All relieve dry skin and eczema.
All reduce scarring, blemishes and stretch marks.
All soften skin and improve its elasticity.
So just choose a scent you like!
2. If you’re looking for a butter to moisturize your hair.
3. If you’re looking for a butter to style your hair.
You’ll want something a bit heavier for hold and definition. Shea butter has a heavier texture, so it will add the oomph you need.
4. If you’re looking for something unscented.
5. If you’re looking for something free of essential oils.
Essential oils (which we use to add fragrance to our butters) can be irritating if not diluted. Our essential oils are sufficiently diluted within our butter mixtures, but if you are buying for an infant and want to be safe try these essential oil-free options: Whipped Shea, Whipped Mango, Mango Shea, Mango Cocoa, Cocoa Shea, Whipped Cocoa, Coconut Mango and Coconut Shea.
6. If you have a nut allergy and are looking for something without almond oil.
Remember: Blended butters have two butters in the base while whips just have one. All of our butters — blended or not — are whipped in the same way.